All-New Kindle E-reader – Black, 6″ Glare-Free Touchscreen Display, Wi-Fi
Show, don’t tell is probably the single most-important piece of advice given to writers. But many writers struggle to understand this powerful principle or have difficulty applying it to their own work. Even experienced authors sometimes don’t grasp the finer nuances of showing and telling.
In this book, Sandra Gerth draws on her experience as an editor and a best-selling author to show you how to show and tell you when to tell.
Each chapter includes concrete examples and exercises that will hone your writing skills.
Whether you’re a novice writer working on your first story or an established author who has already learned the basics of showing and telling, this book will help you to:
– Grasp the difference between showing and telling.
– Understand why showing is such a powerful tool.
– Spot telling in your own manuscript.
– Fix bland passages and turn them into compelling scenes.
– Keep from telling what you have already shown.
– Avoid the three danger areas of telling.
– Describe your…
All-New Kindle E-reader – Black, 6″ Glare-Free Touchscreen Display, Wi-Fi
All new kindle e reader Deatils
- All-new design is thinner and lighter, and now available in your choice of black or white
- Easy on your eyes-touchscreen display reads like real paper. No screen glare, even in bright sunlight, unlike tablets
- Single battery charge lasts weeks, not hours
- Holds thousands of books. Choose from new releases and bestsellers, including the largest digital selection of bestsellers in Hindi, Tamil, Marathi, Gujarati, and Malayalam.
- This device does not come with a built-in light. Looking for a light? Try Kindle Paperwhite.
Thin and light for one-handed reading
- New – The all-new Kindle is 11% thinner and 16% lighter than the previous generation Kindle, making it easy and comfortable to hold in one hand.
No eye strain, reads like real paper
- Kindle uses actual ink particles and proprietary, hand-built fonts to create crisp text similar to what you see in a physical book. The blacks and whites on the screen are uniform, improving text and image quality.
Unlike tablets, no blue light to disturb your sleep
- Recent studies have shown that evening exposure to blue light from backlit screens like tablets and smartphones can suppress the body’s production of melatonin, a naturally occurring hormone that helps the body fall asleep. Because the Kindle display emits no light, you can read anytime without losing sleep.
No glare in bright sunlight
- Unlike reflective tablet and smartphone screens, the high contrast touchscreen display eliminates glare in any setting –even direct sunlight.
Battery lasts weeks, not hours
- Kindle doesn’t need power to maintain a page of text, allowing you to read for weeks on a single charge.
Thousands of books, no distractions
- Kindle is designed as a dedicated e-reader. Indulge your love of reading without interruptions like email alerts and push notifications.
Look It Up Instantly
- Smart Lookup integrates entries from The New Oxford American Dictionary with information from X-Ray and Wikipedia, so you can access definitions, characters, settings, and more without leaving your page or losing your place.
- It’s even easier to find what you are looking for by combining and previewing results from your Library, Goodreads, and the Kindle Store on the same page.
Squeeze In That Last Chapter
- See at a glance how long it will take to finish a chapter or book. Time to Read is personalized based on your reading speed, and is constantly updated as your speed and habits change.
Share with friends on Goodreads
- Purchase books without leaving Goodreads on Kindle, and update your reading status more quickly from your device. As always with Goodreads on Kindle, you can connect with the largest online community of book lovers, see what your friends are reading, share highlights, and rate the books you read. Some Goodreads on Kindle features are only available when connected to Wi-Fi.
Share your library with family
- Coming Soon – Family Library links your Amazon account to that of your spouse or partner so you can easily share books with your family. For the first time, you can access not only your own Kindle books, but also books from the account of a spouse or partner.
Enhance your vocabulary
- Words looked up in the dictionary are automatically added to Vocabulary Builder to expand your knowledge and reinforce retention. Swipe through your vocabulary words, quiz yourself with flashcards, and instantly see those words in context.
Easily learn new words
- Word Wise makes it easier to enjoy and quickly understand more challenging books. Short and simple definitions automatically appear above difficult words, so you can keep reading with fewer interruptions. Tap on a word to bring up a simple card with definitions, synonyms, and more. You can adjust the number of hints you see with a simple slider.
Expanded X-Ray for books
- X-Ray’s new timeline view lets readers easily flip through important passages to remind themselves of what’s happened in the book, or navigate easily through images. X-Ray lets you explore the “Bones of the Book.” See all the passages across a book that mention relevant ideas, fictional characters, historical figures, places, or topics of interest.
Learn more about a book before you start
- With About the Book, see information about the book as you start to read, including its place in a series and author information, plus mark it as “Currently Reading” on Goodreads.
Adjust your text size
- Choose from eight text sizes to prevent tired eyes and keep you reading longer.
Carry your entire library
- Kindle holds thousands of books, so you’ll never have to leave your favorite titles behind.
Organize your books
- Arrange your books into custom categories by using Cloud Collections.
- With a single tap, read the complete text of each footnote without losing your place in the book.
Pick up where you left off
- Whispersync technology synchronizes your last page read, bookmarks, and annotations across all your devices so you can pick up exactly where you left off reading.
Never be without a book
- Shop Amazon’s expansive selection, choose a title, and begin reading your next book within minutes—no computer required.
Translate passages instantly
- Tap any word or highlight a section to instantly translate it into other languages, including Spanish, Japanese, and more. Translations are provided by Bing Translator.
Indian Language Books
- NEW – thousands of digital books, including the largest selection of best sellers, free classics, and hundreds of exclusive titles in Hindi, Tamil, Marathi, Gujarati and Malayalam. Browse Now
Low Book Prices
- We check prices every day to make sure our prices are the lowest of any e-book store in India. Compare our book prices – you’ll like what you find. Over 1.5 million titles at 299 or less and over 500,000 titles at 99 or less.
Exclusive Kindle Titles
- Over 800,000 Kindle exclusive titles that you won’t be able to find anywhere else, including books by best-selling authors such as P. B. Kolleri, Sri Vishwanath and Phil Rickman.
Free Books in the Public Domain
- More than 30,000 free books, such as Pride and Prejudice, Treasure Island and Ramayana are available.
Free Book Samples
- Download and read samples for free before you decide to buy.
- Over three million books, including latest bestsellers, Kindle exclusives and more.
- Kindle Unlimited is a new service that allows you to read as much as you want, choosing from over 1 million titles. Freely explore new authors, books, and genres from mysteries and romance to sci-fi and more. It’s available as monthly subscription and you can save by subscribing for 6 or 12 months. As a member of Kindle Unlimited, you have unlimited access to a growing catalog of over 1 million Kindle books for so long as you are a member of the program. Try it Now
Get Personalised Recommendations
- Kindle makes it easy to discover new titles with recommendations personalised just for you. Kindle uses the same personalised customer experience you’re used to across Amazon, matching our best recommendations to your personal reading habits.
Get Books in Seconds
- Shop Amazon’s expansive selection, choose a title and begin reading in seconds. Our fast, free wireless delivers books fast – no computer required.
- New titles and archived items are a simple connection away. Connect easily to your home Wi-Fi network or Wi-Fi hotspots on the road.
Find a new favorite with Goodreads
- Discover great books with Goodreads on Kindle, an integrated experience that makes it easier than ever to connect and share great reads with friends. Goodreads for Kindle is only available when connected to Wi-Fi.
Read on your smartphone, tablet, or computer
- For those times when you don’t have your Kindle with you, just download the Kindle app for your smartphone, tablet, or computer to read your Kindle books.
Never Lose Your Place
- Amazon’s Whispersync technology remembers where you left off in a book, so you can seamlessly switch between your Kindle and the Kindle app on your smartphone, tablet, or computer without ever losing your place.
- Slim, form-fitting covers designed by Amazon perfectly fit your Kindle and provide full front and back protection. The covers are easy to securely attach and remove, and fold back for easy one-handed reading. They automatically put your Kindle to sleep when it is closed and wake it upon opening, making it easy to jump back into your book
We’ve got you covered
- A cover crafted from durable polyurethane with a matching microfiber interior protects your Kindle and keeps your screen clean without adding bulk, making it perfect for taking your Kindle wherever you go.
Fewer distractions, more reading
- Kindle is designed for reading, which means zero distractions for kids. With Kindle, they can look up definitions as they read to build their vocabulary and increase the font size for easier reading. They can read thousands of books for free, including classics like Treasure Island and eBooks from your local library. And they can easily take their books with them without loading up a heavy backpack.
Easily learn new words
- For kids reading their first chapter books, Word Wise available on many English books makes it easier to enjoy and quickly understand more challenging books. Short and simple definitions automatically appear above difficult words, so they can keep reading with fewer interruptions. Tap on a word to bring up a simple card with definitions, synonyms, and more. Kids can adjust the number of hints they see with a simple slider.
Power up their vocabulary
- Kindle makes it easy for young readers to add new words to their vocabulary. Words looked up on Kindle are automatically added to Vocabulary Builder, where kids can quiz themselves with flashcards to reinforce new word retention.
Read Children’s Books and Comics
- Kindle supports children’s books with Kindle Text Pop-Up and comic books with Kindle Panel View, which allows you to read a comic book panel by panel.
Customize your language
- Kindle can be used in English, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese. You can easily select the language that you are most comfortable with, and enjoy instant dictionary lookups in any of these languages.
Never Lose a Book
- We automatically back up your entire Kindle library free in the cloud so there’s never a worry about losing your books. Re-download wirelessly anytime for free.
Read books in other languages
- Kindle supports the display of non-Latin characters, so you can read books and documents in your favorite language, including enhanced support for Japanese and Chinese (Simplified and Traditional). Kindle also displays Korean, Cyrillic, Latin, and Greek scripts, and provides free access to several international dictionaries.
Carry and read personal documents
- Email documents—including Word, PDF, and more—directly to your Kindle and read them in Kindle format. You can also send documents to Kindle using Send to Kindle.
Follow along with page numbers
- We match the pages of a Kindle book to the text in a print book to identify the corresponding page number. Easily reference and cite passages or read alongside others in a book club or class.
- Kindle has an experimental web browser based on WebKit. It’s easy to find the information you’re looking for right from your Kindle. Kindle enables you to connect to the Kindle Store and access Wikipedia, all over Wi-Fi.
Read children’s books and comics
- Kindle supports children’s books with Kindle Text Pop-Up, and comic books with Kindle Panel View which allows you to read a comic book panel by panel.
Organize your library
- Organize your Kindle library into customized collections, or categories, to easily access any book you are looking for. You can add an item to multiple collections to make organizing and finding titles even easier.
Specification: All-New Kindle E-reader – Black, 6″ Glare-Free Touchscreen Display, Wi-Fi
EAN List Element: 0841667101026
Height: 100, Length: 100, Weight: 35, Width: 100
Height: 120, Length: 680, Weight: 62, Width: 570
|Product Type Name||
All-New Kindle E-reader – Black, 6" Glare-Free Touchscreen Display, Wi-Fi
UPC List Element: 841667101026